Chichester lads celebrate cup success

Chichester City Youth under-tens and their coaches
Chichester City Youth under-tens and their coaches

Chichester City Youth under-tens have continued the cup success they enjoyed last season.

They won a very tough group to play the winners of the other group to make the final of the Lavant Cup. On a cold, damp day, Chichester came out convincing 4-0 winners with another good performance.

From the keeper to the strikers, Chichester were solid and showed how they were growing in confidence as a team, demonstrating great football development and skills at a young age.

The manager and coaches praised their efforts.


Bognor Regis Town Youth 1 Worthing Minors 0

Bognor moved four points clear at the top of the A division with a hard-fought win over Worthing.

Great saves and bad luck kept the score 0-0 at half-time.

Bognor pressed in the second half with Worthing still looking dangerous on the break before Josh Boyagian was fouled in the area with five minutes to go. The penalty was drilled in by Benjamin Taylor.

BOGNOR: Boyagian, Budge, Fearns, Kitowski, Eggleton, Jones, Lush, Parr, Stroud, Taylor, Tilbury.


Whyke United 2 Avisford Youth 1

Avisford finished 2014 with a frustrating defeat as wasteful finishing and controversial refereeing decisions cost them.

Apart from the odd counter attack from the home side it was one-way traffic. So it was no surprise when Avisford took the lead midway through the half.

A surging run and cross from Charlie Hunter down the right was met at the far post by Matt Kill, who tucked home from close range for his sixth goal of the season.

Just before the break striker Jack Dignum was brought down in the area but Alfie Greene’s powerful penalty was smashed against the bar and bounced down agonisingly short of the goal line.

Whyke began to create chances, peppering keeper Jake Longley with long-range efforts. But the Avisford No1 proved up to the task.

The pressure eventually told as Whyke won a penalty when Vinny Yates was brought down by Sammy Copeland. Yates buried the penalty past Longley.

Avisford had further chances but Greene, Dignum and Daniel Hall were denied. Those missed chances proved decisive when James Rock put Whyke ahead ten minutes from time. The visitors were incensed as Copeland looked to have been fouled in the build-up.

Man of the match was Damien Wasowski.

AVISFORD: Longley, Copeland, Nowak, Wasowski, Hunter, Greene, Brian, Kill, Dignum. Subs: Hall, Salter.