A BUMPER crop of entries is set to give festive Fontwell Park race-goers a cracking Boxing Day afternoon of racing.
With a crowd of thousands set to descend on the track, there are a total of 47 entries across seven races .
The highlight of the card promises to be the Winterfields Farm Handicap Hurdle at 2.05.
Racing begins at 12.20 with the Southern Cranes And Access Ltd Juvenile Hurdle and ends at 3.45 with the Selftrade Sipp Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle.
Gates open at 10.30am and tickets should be available on the gate. Check availability at www.fontwellpark.co.uk or on 01243 543335.
The going is described as heavy, soft in places, but Boxing Day looks like being dry in West Sussex.
To stand a chance of winning our pair of badges for the year, just answer this simple question: How many race meetings are schduled at Fontwell Park in 2016?
Our tips: 12.20 Searching, 12.55 Showboater, 1.30 The Organist, 2.05 Mr Fickle, 2.40 Anda De Grissay, 3.15 Ya Hafed, 3.45 Torero.
* Annual membership at Fontwell Park is the best way to enjoy great-value racing all year round – and we have teamed up with the racecourse to offer a pair of 2016 badges to lucky readers.
Membership includes Premier Enclosure admission to all 24 of Fontwell’s race fixtures, plus free entry to all 15 other ARC-owned courses – including Brighton, Lingfield and Windsor.
The badge also allows access into the exclusive annual members’ box, complete with trackside viewing balcony and bar.
Admission to more than 30 reciprocal fixtures including racedays at Goodwood, Ascot, Newbury and Plumpton, is also included, plus free parking in the centre course, an annual walk of the course and a visit to a training yard.
Fontwell Park racing highlights in the coming year include:
* The Totepool National Spirit Hurdle, Sunday, February 28: The most prestigious race in the calendar at Fontwell Park.
* St Patrick’s Raceday, Saturday, March 19: A day of top-class racing and Irish fun which also includes all the action from the RBS 6 Nations on the big screen.
* Fuller’s Music Night, Friday, April 29: The thrill of jump racing combined with live music afterwards to keep you partying into the night.
* Family Fun Days, Sunday, May 29, and Sunday, September 4: These ever-popular days are sure to keep you entertained with children’s characters and free entertainment for the kids.
* Oktoberfest, Friday, September 30, and Saturday, October 1. Returning bigger and better than ever, a day of top-class racing and Bavarian fun.
* The Totepool Southern National, Sunday, November 13: The ultimate ride and Fontwell’s second richest race of the year.
Annual membership starts from £269 for a single badge and £529 for a dual badge. For more information regarding annual membership, visit www.fontwellpark.co.uk or phone 01243 543335.
But to stand a chance of winning our pair of badges for the year, just answer this simple question: How many race meetings are schduled at Fontwell Park in 2016?
You can enter by post or email. Either email your answer and all your details, including name, address and telephone number, to email@example.com (calling your email FONTWELL COMPETITION) or post it to FONTWELL COMPETITION, Sports Desk, Chichester Observer, City Gates, 2 to 4 Southgate, Chichester, PO19 8DJ.
The deadline for entries is Thursday, January 7 – good luck!
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking sports news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be among the first to know what’s going on.
1 Make this website your homepage
2 Like our Facebook page at facebook.com/pages/Sport-Sussex
3 Follow us on Twitter @SportSussex
4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
Share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!