A shop in Pagham caught fire today causing significant damage.
The fire took hold of a shop building in The Parade at around 2.30pm today, Sunday, December 6.
It is thought to have started by an electrical fault.
A spokesman for West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service said: “We were called just after 2.30pm to The Parade in Pagham to a report of smoke in one of the shops there.
“We arrived and found there was a fire involving an electrical cupboard.
“There has been 50 per cent fire damage to the room it started in.
“We sent two crews from Bognor and have only just left,” he said at around 5pm.
He said the building was thought to be a disused shop and firefighters had to force their way in to deal with the blaze.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bognor.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BognorRegisObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BogObserver
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bognor Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.