Fire at Chichester industrial site


Chichester firefighters were on the scene of a blaze caused by an unattended bonfire in an industrial site.

Crews were called to the incident shortly before 8.30pm last night (December 3) at the rear of an industrial site in Shopwhyke Road, Chichester.

Firefighters used one hose reel to damp down the bonfire, which was at risk of spreading to nearby industrial containers and a telegraph pole.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service made the scene safe by 9.45pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at

2) Like our Facebook page at

3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.