Fire crews evacuated houses in Birdham after builders ruptured a gas main.
Houses in Church Lane, Birdham, were evacuated following the gas leak yesterday (June 29).
Firefighters were on the scene from 12.40pm until 2.30pm.
A safety cordon was put in place and gas company engineers made the scene safe.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.