This attractive and historic Grade II listed property in East Harting has spacious accommodation.
Wakeham Wood is believed to date from 1480 and was the largest Medieval open hall house built in the village, as such it would have been considered a house of considerable importance.
It is now a four-bay timber framed structure which was remodelled in Tudor times with 18th and 20th century extensions.
There are fine timbers in the roof verifying its age and an interesting wall painting which is recorded in the V&A museum, believed to date from 1570.
The elevations are of brick and local stone and red brick quoins under a mainly thatched roof. Although there are exposed beams, the ceiling heights are good.
The accommodation on the ground floor is generous – not only is there a homely farmhouse kitchen/breakfast room with an AGA that also heats the water for the bathroom and the kitchen.
There are three good reception rooms all of which have large open feature fireplaces and there is also a wood burning stove in the study.
On the first floor there are four bedrooms, a bathroom with a shower over and a separate shower room and airing cupboard.
The gardens are a particular feature of the property.
They are divided into various areas to take advantage of the sun and are mainly laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders and mature trees including cherry, apple and a very old copper beech tree.
There is a flagstone terrace for entertaining and brick paths which meander round the property.
On the east side of the house there is a workshop/utility area.
On the north west corner of the house there is a new oil tank that feeds the central heating boiler.
In the shared courtyard there is a large garage and designated parking spaces.
Guide Price £1,100,000.
For more information, or to arrange a viewing, contact Jackson-Stops & Staff, Market Square, Midhurst. Telephone 01730 812357.