Bognor Regis’ Butlins to close again – just a week after reopening
Butlins has announced it will be closing its resort in Bognor Regis due to ‘the number of areas moving into tier 3’.
The resort will close on Friday, just a week after it reopened to visitors on Friday, December 11.
It will remain closed for the rest of the year.
A spokesman said on Twitter: “Due to the number of areas moving into tier 3 and to continue to keep our guests and team safe by following the latest government guidance of limiting contact and avoiding unnecessary journeys, we’re sad to say that we’ll be closing our Bognor Regis and Minehead resorts from Friday, 18th December, for the remainder of 2020.
“We know this will be disappointing for you and your family, particularly during this time of year.
“We’ve worked hard over the past few months to be as flexible as possible following the change in government advice, whilst continuing to give our guests a memorable and fun break and keeping you and our team safe.”
“As always, we’ll be in touch via email, SMS or letter to discuss your options.
“You can also find further information here butlins.com/reopening/booking-options.
“We’d like to thank all of you for your support this year and we can’t wait to see you all again in 2021.”
Resort director Jeremy Pardey told the Observer earlier this month that the team were ‘raring to go’ for the festive season.
“We’ve gone to town in ensuring Christmas lives up to the guests’ expectation. It’s really exciting for us all,” he said – see more here.
After closing in March when the pandemic hit, the resort reopened to guests with a reduced capacity in July.
In November, it was forced to close again due to the second lockdown.
Today, England’s tiers were being reviewed – with an official announcement expected tomorrow at around 11am.
Any changes to tier levels will be enforced from December 19 and tiers will then continue to be reviewed every two weeks.