EXCLUSIVE: Rocks have no case to answer after Kingstonian incident

Kingsmeadow, home of Kingstonian FC

Kingsmeadow, home of Kingstonian FC

0
Have your say

BOGNOR are in the clear over the incident that marred their recent win at Kingstonian.

There was shock after the final whistle when Ks keeper Rob Tolfrey went on to the terrace behind his goal, where the Rocks fans had been watching, apparently to confront a fan he felt had been barracking him.

After a two-week inverstigation, the FA have said Bognor have no case to answer over either their part in the incident or an allegation of racial abuse.

A statement from Rocks secretary Simon Cook said: “The club have today received the FA’s decision on our part in the above incident at Kingstonian on February 23.

“In addition to the incident itself, we had received an allegation of racial abuse which the FA quite rightly take very seriously.

“Having considered the detailed report submitted by the club and with the benefit of the CCTV evidence, the FA have concluded that the club do not have a case to answer on either point.

“The FA have not yet concluded their investigation into Rob Tolfrey’s part in the incident.

“Bognor Regis Town FC would particularly like to thank Kingstonian player Alex Addai, who submitted a statement denying that any racial abuse had occurred, as well as Kingstonian FC themselves who were extremely helpful and co-operative at all times.

“In addition may I personally thank Ian Guppy (BRTFC supporters’ club secretary) who worked tirelessly in gathering statements and evidence to support our submission.

“We also very much appreciate the large number of supporters (and indeed neutrals) who came forward to offer very clear statements on what they had seen on the night.”