Selsey family evacuate flat after fire

Fire & Rescue
Fire & Rescue

A family of three had to flee their flat after a fire in the early hours of this morning.

Crews were called to a property in Selsey high street just after 1:30am where they found two adults and one child.

They found an electric heater had caused a fire on the first floor flat.

It was put out using CO2 and a smoke detector was fitted.

Around 20 per cent of the flat was smoke damaged, and it is unknown if the family were able to move back in.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage

2) Like our Facebook page

3) Follow us on Twitter

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

Always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.