DCSIMG

Future of the carnival is to be reviewed

A REVIEW into the future of Bognor Regis carnival is to be launched by town councillors.

They agreed on Monday to consider asking residents to organise the event. It came after last month’s carnival, which swapped the usual parade for static displays, received mixed reviews.

Cllr Jim Brooks (I, Marine) said the matter would be discussed at the next meeting of the events, promotion and publicity committee.

Cllr Paul Wells (LD, Hotham) said: “If the council decides to do the carnival next year, it’s important we bring elements of the public into the mix to make decisions.

“Some elements of this year’s carnival worked but others didn’t work so well.”

Cllr Pat Dillon (C, Pevensey) said: “The carnival should go back to the way it was before. It should be run by an outside committee.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page