Firefighters issue warning after two barbecue blazes

West Sussex fire SUS-140306-164242001

West Sussex fire SUS-140306-164242001

0
Have your say

WITH the days heating up and summer rolling in, firefighters in Sussex are warning people to take a little extra care if using disposable barbecues while soaking in the sun’s rays.

The warning follows a series of fires in Chichester and Bognor, yesterday evening (Monday, June 9), believed to have been caused by disposable barbecues.

Two fire crews from Chichester were needed to tackle a blaze at the Viridor transfer site, next to the Westhampnett depo shortly before 6pm last night.

 

Back to the top of the page