Emsworth family taken to hospital after gas leak

Emsworth Fire Station
Emsworth Fire Station

Two adults and two children were taken to hospital to be treated for carbon monoxide poising after a gas leak in their Emsworth home.

Emsworth firefighters were called to the property in North Bay, West Thorney shortly after 9pm last night (December 16) following reports of a gas leak from a boiler.

A spokesman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said the leak was isolated by an engineer before the crew ventilated the property.

The crew left the scene by 9.50pm and two adults and two children were taken to hospital for observations, added a spokesman.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.