Pupils will not be able to return to a flooded Bognor Regis school for two weeks.
The 150 pupils at Laburnum Grove Junior School have had to move out of the Laburnum Grove building until it is refurbished following last week’s flooding.
All of the school’s classrooms are out of action and it will take two weeks to connect water, electricity and phone supplies, as well as computers and interactive whiteboard systems to mobile classrooms placed on the school’s field on Monday.
In the interim pupils will be placed in other local schools, including St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Felpham Community College and The Regis School.
In a statement the school’s headteacter, Pip Otton, said: “As the headteacher I personally promise that I will work tirelessly to ensure that the care and education of the children are given the highest priority.
“Support from the local authority has been excellent and the mobile units being brought on to site are of a good standard, equipped with everything for a working classroom.
“Resources have been brought in as a high priority to ensure that teaching continues to be interesting and effective.”
The school will be unable to run any of its after-school clubs until it is fully operational once more, but dance clubs could resume of a suitable venue can be found.
But extra trips and treats for the children have been planned.
West Sussex county councillor for Bognor Regis East Francis Oppler said: “Obviously, like everybody else in Bognor Regis and the surrounding areas, I was very shocked by last week’s flooding.
“I am deeply sorry and shocked the flooding should have such a serious effect on the pupils and staff at Laburnum Grove Junior School.
“Praise must go to the headteacher and her staff who acted quickly and professionally to ensure all of the children were safe and cared for.
“I am delighted to say no one was hurt, and the children have adjusted well to the situation and are settled.
“It is hoped by the autumn term the school will be back to normal.”