Bognor man charged after man assaulted

0
Have your say

A man from Bognor Regis has been charged after a man was assaulted outside a nightclub in Brighton.

Nathan Mhuto, 23, of Outram Road, has been charged with grievous bodily harm and remanded in custody to appear at Brighton Magistrates today (Monday, December 31).

He was arrested in connection with an assault on a 20-year-old man outside the Lola Lo club, East Street, Brighton, on December 28.

The man, from Lancing, is in a serious condition at Hurstwood Park, Haywards Heath.

Detective Sergeant Duncan Elliott said: “There were a number of people outside the club at the time and I would appeal to anyone with information as to what happened to call police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 quoting Op Pallant or serial 189 28/12.”

In an earlier report of the incident, a police spokesman said: “At 5.23am, medical staff at the Royal Sussex County Hospital reported that a man who had been admitted at 4.35am with a serious head injury was being transferred to Hurstwood Park for treatment. The 20-year-old man from Lancing had been picked up by ambulance outside the Lola Lo club in East Street, Brighton.

“It is thought that the incident occurred around 3.30am and police were called at 4.02am. He had walked away from the scene, believed to be in the area of the Thistle Hotel and Lola Lo club. When he started to get head pain an ambulance was called and he was taken to the RSCH.

“He was diagnosed with extensive inter-cranial bleed and rushed to Haywards Heath where his condition is described as life-threatening.”