Chemical fumes at pool area in Pagham holiday park

Firefighters were called to a holiday park in Pagham after an excess of chemicals were put into a jacuzzi and swimming pool area.

The pool and jacuzzi were giving off fumes after an excess of two pool chemicals were used at the holiday park at Church Lane at 9.45pm yesterday (Thursday, April 19). The equipment had been isolated by the holiday park staff.

A cordon was put in place by firefighters and advice was given to staff. Three members of staff were checked over at hospital as a precaution.