CARNIVAL momentum is already building in Bognor Regis.
Work to restore the town’s annual parade is gathering pace. At least 15 participants have said they want to be involved in the occasion on June 7.
Mark Marsh, Bognor Regis Carnival Association’s secretary, said: “It’s all falling into place. Everything is going really well.”
Further backing to the occasion was given at a public meeting last week.
It attracted 17 supporters and took the organising committee up to eight individuals.
They have taken on the event after Bognor Regis Town Council decided it no longer wanted to be involved.
The council has given the committee £6,000 to spend on the arrangements. As reported, the carnival will begin at its traditional home of West Park.
The parade is intended to go along the seafront and return to the park through the town centre. A safety meeting with the police in April will decide the details.
Mr Marsh has helped to ensure the event keeps going.
“We only started on January 12 and it’s all coming together nicely,” he said. Events will take place at West Park and the Place St Maur on the day.
Sponsors have agreed to supply the transport, trophies and safety clothing. Advertisers have also signed up for the programme.