Chance for readers to know more about regeneration plans for Bognor

Readers of the Observer have an extra chance to ask about the regeneration of Bognor Regis.

Arun District Council and its developer, St Modwen, are willing to answer questions from them next week.

Questions should be sent to news@bognor.co.uk by 6pm on Sunday. They will be passed on to Arun. Responses to as many as possible will be published on Thursday.

More than 1,000 people have commented so far about the £40m proposals.

The turnout in the first week of consultation into the scheme has delighted Arun District Council and St Modwen.

The vision focuses on the future of the Regis Centre, including the Alexandra Theatre, on the seafront and the Hothamton car park in Queensway.

Tim Seddon, St Modwen’s regional director for London and the south east, said: “We are pleased over a 1,000 people have so far given their views on the draft plans.

“We recognise the proposals on display at the moment are draft and that there are improvements to be made before we can proceed.”

Cllr Gillian Brown, Arun’s leader, said: “This is a once- in-a-generation chance for Bognor. It’s never been more important for people to give their views.”